Equipment Specification ARC145/S245(16)-CL Arc Spray System
Reason for use: Metallisation are pleased to announce the launch of our new, ARC145 arc spray system.
TYPICAL ARC SPRAY SYSTEM CONFIGURATIONS
Pictured below is a range of typical system configurations. Variations of these configurations may be possible. Contact Metallisation to discuss your specific application requirements.
Introduction to our ARC145/S245(16)-CL Arcspray systems
The following specification covers the standard range of ARC145/S245(16)-CL Arcspray systems. For the specific offer, please refer to a detailed quotation and cross-reference the part numbers for each piece of equipment.
Our desire for continuous improvement, alongside customer feedback has led to the development of our latest range of ARC145 systems. The systems combine the best elements of our proven ARC140 system and our more recently released ARC150 system.
The ARC145 pistol
The ARC145 pistol utilises our latest design of contact tips and air-concentrator. The head design, along with the contact tips improves cooling to the arc area, resulting in longer contact tip life and more reliable operation when spraying for extended periods of time.
The improved airflow and more efficient arc also allow the system to produce a finer coating without compromising deposit efficiency. The new tips, manufactured from a hard wearing, copper alloy are quick and easy to change. The new material, along with improved cooling help to enhance tip life considerably and reduce downtime and running costs. The ARC145 pistol also includes other enhancements such as measuring the spray voltage at the pistol (assisting diagnostics and simplifying setup) and more simple, robust pushbuttons.
A small amount of weight is taken out of the pistol compared to the ARC140 and a more robust control cable connection is also introduced. Reversible (twice the life) V-rollers complete the ARC145 pistols new features and ensure the most reliable wire feed possible. The reversible V-rollers also feature on the new ARC145 wire drive unit which utilises the proven technology from the ARC150 spray systems.
A larger motor, inverter and independent tension drive unit gives the very best in reliable and repeatable wire feeding. The new drive unit and pistol are still joined with our patented ‘Synchrodrive’ principle. The flexible drive cable in 5m, 10m, and 20m lengths, combined with the V-rollers and more positive drive unit ensure the ultimate performance and reliability of wire feeding.
The ARC145 system has been extensively tested with a range or coating wires and proven to give excellent performance over 20m feed lengths with the most challenging, cored engineering wires. The energiser range includes the latest enhancements introduced to our range at the start of 2016.
- The latest version of PLC is fitted ensuring long future proofing and support.
- Digital gauges offering both scale and numeric displays.
- MCB’s are fitted to the incoming power supply as additional protection if the correct fusing is not fitted to the electrical supply.
- New Data Kit option giving the possibility of remote monitoring and logging of certain Energiser data at a customer’s HMI via a Siemens S7-1200 series CPU.
The system is designed for demanding engineering and anti-corrosion applications and is our most flexible arc spray machine. Suited to hand held or robotic mounting, it is as happy spraying 1.6mm engineering wires onto shafts as it is spraying 2.5mm corrosion coatings onto steel fabrications. The system has undergone a rigorous design, engineering and testing program to bring you a high quality, medium capacity but flexible system that will aid you to maximise production, efficiency and productivity in your thermal spray operations.
SAFETY: The equipment quoted will produce levels of noise, ultra violet light and dust that will require safety measures to be taken by those using the equipment. It may use pressurised gases. Careful consideration should also be given to the positioning of this equipment.
It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that all appropriate measures are taken to ensure safe operation in accordance with local requirements. Metallisation will be pleased to advise as appropriate.
GENERAL BENEFITS of ARC145/S245(16)-CL Arc Spray System
- 250A spray capacity suitable for many engineering coating requirements and small corrosion protection jobs.
- Contact tube and tip design gives finer coating finish and optimises reliability due to better heat dissipation at the contact tips.
- Fine coating finish minimises post-processing when fine paint finishes required.
- Push/Pull system for a more stable arc ensuring quality coatings with consistent operation.
- Patented Flexible Drive system (Synchronised) with new, larger core for added strength under greater duty.
- 5 to 20 metre supplies packages from the wire to the pistol for spraying accessibility.
- New, higher powered, sealed / lubed for life inverter drive gear-motor.
- New, heavy duty push drive unit with independent, quantifiable tension adjustment.
- Air-cooled cables reduce pistol supply weight and operator fatigue and give good manoeuvrability.
- Suitable for 1.6mm, 2.0mm, 2.3mm and 2.5mm wires.
- V-shaped feed rollers are easy to change and are reversible for longer life from a single roller.
- Easy to maintain, less than 2 minutes to change contact tips that do not require adjustment.
- Spray voltage measured at the pistol for improved diagnostics and setup.
- Choice of coating textures.
- When wire drive is energiser mounted, the drive unit can rotate through 180º to follow the operator whilst spraying.
- Power extension trolley with several length options designed to allow the energiser to be sited away from the spray job. Quick release power, air and control couplings allow quick assembly / disassembly of package.
- Closed loop current control – easy setup / reliable spray rate / over-current protection.
- Easy setup – set the spray current before starting to spray. IP65 rated digital displays showing scale and numerical values.
- PLC control for improved reliability and ease of maintenance / fault finding with program supplied on a Micro SD Card in case the PLC needs reprogramming.
- 250 Amp continuous operation at 100% duty cycle.
- Easy access energiser panels & external fuse bank for reduced Mean Time to Repair (MTTR).
- Large ‘Site Capable’ wheels and rigid handle offers excellent portability on site and in workshop.
- Sealed electrical control circuit – reduces dust ingression for added reliability.
- Optional remote interface kit to enable remote operation and inclusion in a remote e-stop circuit.
- New, longer contact tube and tip arrangement – improved coating quality and reliability due to optimised heat dissipation.
- Contact tips accessible and easily changed without dis-assembling the spray head (see above).
- New pushbutton design for easy operation and maintenance. Standard 1.6, 2.0, 2.3 and 2.5mm wire size.
- Profiled drive rollers suitable for 1.6/2.0mm and 2.3/2.5mm wires.
- Rollers have 2 grooves and can be reversed for long life operation (see above).
- Ceramic nozzle replaced with air concentrator for optimum coating finish.
- Weight optimisation within various areas of the pistol.
- Spray voltage measured at the pistol for improved reliability and diagnostics with long supplies packs.
- The wire drive unit utilises intermeshed hardened steel wormshaft and bronze wormwheels, being driven by a lightweight, flexible drive.
- Lightweight air-cooled conductor cables are fitted; which reduces the operator supported weight and further improves the overall balance of the pistol.
- Closed arc for improved spray conditions and efficiency.
Throughput is assumed to be independent of wire diameter. All data provided is an approximation and is offered as guidance only as performance can vary depending on application and parameters.
Appropriate hand tools are supplied with the Arcspray system along with an operating manual and pistol case.
- 5 to 20 metre supplies packages for integration to S245(16) Energiser.
- Heavy duty flexible drive for robust power transfer but with lightweight spring for optimised weight.
- Steel reinforced conduits for extended service life.
- Lightweight air-cooled conductor cables reduce the operator supported weight & fatigue.
- ‘Torpedo’ shaped manifold design gives less chance of snagging for reliability in harsh spray environments.
- Robust, hard wearing supplies pack cover. Power cables fitted with twist and lock connectors into the energiser.
- Air hoses fitted with quick release fittings into the energiser.
- Lengths and configurations as shown in the tables on pages 3 and 8.
- Supplied with all fittings appropriate to connect to S245(16) Energiser and Power Extension Trolley.
- Quick release power, air and control couplings allow quick assembly / disassembly of package.
- Robust supplies pack covers only supplied on the 10 and 20m standard extensions due to packaging heavy power cables in one bundle.
- It is possible to use an extension supplies package without an extension trolley.
- The connections between the supplies will all fit apart from the control cables.
- If using the extension supplies package without a trolley, part number SUP145-EX-CLA must be used.
- Closed Loop Current Control – easy setup / reliable spray rate / over-current protection.
- PLC control for improved reliability and ease of maintenance / fault finding.
- 250 Amp continuous operation (100% duty cycle).
- Specifically designed to suit only Arc spraying. Large ‘Site Capable’ wheels and rigid handle offers portability on site and in workshop.
- New digital panel meters:
- Easy to read with scale and numerical display.
- Higher accuracy than traditional gauges.
- Warning alert status (ammeter turns red if overcurrent).
- Wide viewing angle with high contrast for ease of viewing inside or out.
- IP65 rated and Gorilla glass screens.
- Sealed electrical control circuit – reduces dust ingress for added reliability.
- asy access energiser panels & external fuse bank for reduced Mean Time to Repair (MTTR).
- Shake-proof terminals minimise risk of loose control connections.
- Switched output voltage control. 220V/380V/415V input supply options available (hard wired).
- Remote operation E-stop kit allows energiser to be started/stopped remotely via a pendant or interfaced into an automation E-stop circuit. It comes with a plug that can be wired as required.
Latest version of Siemens Logo PLC:
- SD card allows easy program updates.
- RJ45 communications available (see page 16 for more details).
- Air regulators with ‘lock-off’ potential.
- Digital air pressure switches with display for easy setting and diagnostics.
- Input voltage MCB’s to provide additional electrical protection (used in-conjunction with customers own supply/fusing).
S245(16) ENERGISER SPECIFICATION
WIRE DRIVE AND DISPENSE
- Heavy duty (0.55kW) electric inverter drive motor for smooth wire control at higher duty.
- Drive unit with independently adjustable wire tension for easy setup.
- Profiled drive rollers suitable for 1.6/2.0mm or 2.3/2.5mm wires.
- Rollers have 2 grooves and can be reversed for long life operation.
- Easy to changeover for cleaning/replacement.
- Push/pull mechanism positively drives the wire at the dispenser and also at the pistol via the heavy duty flexible drive, ensuring constant speed at the drive unit and pistol.
- Allows complete use of all the wire (unlike push only systems).
- The Metallisation wire dispensing cone offers the ability to conveniently dispense anti-corrosion wires from production packs (drums).
- The wire is neatly guided to a dispense point, then over the pulley to give a free passage of wire from the drum to pistol.
- Suitable for dispensing Zinc, Aluminium and Zinc/Aluminium wire.
- Specifically designed to suit Arcspraying with each drum being individually insulated from each other.
- Variable position clamp assembly allows the clamp to be rotated to give the smoothest wire transfer path from the drum to the pistol.
- Drums available in 250 Kg for Zinc, 200kg for Zinc/Aluminium and 60Kg for Aluminium.
- As the NPET trolley but designed to allow the energiser to be sited further away from the spray job, offering greater access to the work area and protecting the energiser from the harsh site environment.
- Quick release power, air and control couplings to allow quick assembly/disassembly of the spraying system.
- Designed to allow the energiser to be sited further away from the spray job, offering greater access to the work area and protecting the energiser from the harsh site environment.
- Quick release power, air and control couplings to allow quick assembly/disassembly of the spraying system. Enables drums to be easily moved around the work-site.
Most commonly used where it is an advantage to spray from drums but keep the energiser remotely located, e.g. wind towers where the energiser can be kept outside the spray booth and the drums and drive unit can be taken directly to the end of the tower This enables the full length (up to 20m) of supplies to be used to spray down the tower internals.
- Reduces Arcspray footprint by forming a cone of compressed air outside the spray stream.
- Finer Coatings.
- Improved Deposit efficiency when spraying onto small components (less overspray).
- Less apparent porosity.
- Increased hardness due to higher oxide content.
1.6mm, 2.0mm, 2.3mm and 2.5mm versions of the above are available for zinc, zinc/aluminium and aluminium wires (p/n as above with -16, -20, -23 or -25 suffix).
Engineering wires can only be sprayed with 1.6mm extension.
- Suitable for internal bores (min Diameter 75mm) or recesses.
- Variable deflected spray from 0 to 75 Degrees.
- Air hoses with quick release connections to connect the accessories to the auxiliary air supply on the energiser.
- Lengths supplied to suit our standard 10m and 20m supplies packs.
- The ‘REMOTE’ items consist of a 10m cable and pre-wired plug to connect to the energiser.
- The other end is free to allow connection to customer automation/robot etc.
- The ‘PENDANT’ consist of a remote operation pendant to start/stop the system and also have an E-stop button for safe operation.
- Allows remote operation of the system for when pistol is mounted to a robot or manipulator.
- Connects into energiser in a dedicated socket on the rear of the energiser.
- If remote connection is made, the pistol cannot be operated from the pistol buttons and there is no need to remove the pistol control cable from the front of the energiser.
MIG SYSTEM CONSISTS OF:
1 x Pistol (wire size as indicated).
1 x Supplies package (length as indicated).
1 x S245(16)-PLC Energiser.
1 x ARC145-DUAEV-MIG dispenser and drive unit.
1 x Toolkit.
DRUM SYSTEM CONSISTS OF:
1 x Pistol (wire size as indicated).
1 x Supplies package (length as indicated).
1 x S245(16)-PLC Energiser.
1 x ARC145-DUAEV-DRUM dispenser and drive unit.
2 x 21252 wire dispensing cones.
2 x 6274/5 clamp blocks.
2 x 2m lengths of 7144 PTFE conduit.
1 x Toolkit.