MK73-FS Wire Flame
The Metallisation MK73-FS is an oxygen-propane fuelled flamespray system giving un-rivalled anti-corrosion coatings. The ‘FS’ stands for Free-Standing as the new control board can be free standing or wall mounted.
The lightweight, well-balanced, robust pistol offers the quickest spray rates on the market, saving you both time and money. Systems can be supplied as continuous spray or, more commonly, with a unique stop/start function that allows the operator to stop spraying but keep the flame lit without damage to the pistol.
New in 2014 is a more ‘site friendly’ control panel. It is more robust and offers further protection to the flowmeter and ARF unit. It can be wall mounted or will free-stand on the floor. The flow of hoses is neater than the previous unit.
The new control panel is also better suited to using in long supplies format, which is becoming an increasing requirement for site installations. See ‘Supplies Packs and ‘Control Board’ section for more details.
The pistol can be further enhanced by fitting a deflected spray extension. This unit allows the operator to spray at right angles and get into difficult to access spray areas, such as between pipes or close to brackets. This enables more areas to be sprayed and with a better quality coating than may have previously been possible. The extension uses the same consumable parts as a standard pistol.
- Structural steelwork
- Offshore platforms
- Marine applications
- Bridges Fences/gates
- Street furniture
- Tanks and vessels
- Fastest pistols on the market (up to 50kg/hr for continuous zinc)
- Stop/start version allows operator to stop spraying and leave the flame lit (e.g., whilst inspecting or moving the work piece)
- Variety of hose lengths to suit each application
- Wide range of wire sizes to suit many application and coating requirements
- Spreader and non-spreader versions to allow detail work or larger areas to be sprayed efficiently
- New, free standing or wall mounted control panel
- Safety shut-off valve
- Optional panel mounted oxygen regulator for long supplies setups
- Variable wire speed control
- Suitable for anti-corrosion wires plus some steels, copper and bronzes.
- Two stage air cap gives optimal setting for lighting and spraying
- Rugged construction combined with light-weight and balance for ease of handling
- Hanging hook for temporary storage or connection to spring balance
- Flow meters for optimal setting of parameters and fault finding
- Flow meters include large pointers for ease of checking from a distance
- Air Regulator and Filter (A.R.F.) unit supplies motor air, nozzle air
- Optional deflected extensions for access to difficult to spray areas
- Download & Specifications